To Serve My Country

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of David Spowart’s stories can now be found at David Spowart]

New Story and Author joins our community!

Chapter 1 added http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/david_spowart

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

This story is headed for being a GREAT story and it comes at a time when "real life" events will soon run a parrallel course. It is also starting out as an incredibly sad story. I raised a gay foster son, so I understand much of what when on and still goes on in his life. To say that it was a tumultious period in my life would be a gree understatement! Bryce is "going it"  alone, although Danny MIGHT be a new factor who could enter his life. Bryce has been alone for much of his life, deprived on a soulmate, upon whom he could confide, love and to whom he could unburden his soul.  Even though our society is slowly changing, I fear that people likr Bryce will be forced to remain in the shadows. The country of our, however great and powerful it may be does not and likely will not ever life up to that part of our Nation Creed, ".... liberty and justice for all."

I hope your story proves me wrong!

Charles Bird

SeaBird

David,

This is an excellent beginning for a story that NEEDS to be told. That you are doing so in a very human and humane way says a lot. It is about time that frightened young boys (and some girls, too) can be told that they are NOT wicked, NOT foul creatures, and most certainly, they should NOT be shunned by all God Loving human beings! They need to learn that they ARE good people, while some are bad. in about the same proportions as the rest of our race. They need to learn that they CAN hold their heads up, they CAN be anything they wish to be and they ARE just as deserving of the "good things in life" as anyone else!

I have seen too many Gay boys so brutalized by society that they are no longer functioning human beings and, I am sure I am NOT alone in trying to do something about it. Your story trods a path towards that destination. Keep your story going!

Charles Bird

SeaBird

Seabird Thank you for your encouragement, as I have stated previously comments like yours keep guys like me enthused enough to keep writing. It's hard to keep a story fresh and interesting enough to get a reader hooked till the conclusion. I have used stories like this one as more of a distraction. Most of my stories have been written as a distraction from my first story. "Well that was unexpected" as when I was on around chapter 30 of that story my brain was fried. So I began to write another story called "Mr Right Too Soon" as I said a distraction, that I hope will eventually be posted here also. But American politics has always intrigued me so I decided to write this one, with a bit of a 24 feel to it.

Anyway enough of me droning on.

I hope you continue to like my take on the electoral race  

I just realized that I forgot to comment on this after reading the last two chapters -- which have been the strongest yet.  The characters are developing, the plot is incredibly sharp, and David's avoided the unnecessary detours that have slowed down the ride on so many other chapters.

Great work, give us more chapters like these!