• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If there is a traitor apparently he doesn't realize how many telepaths are there. I believe in privacy and if I had that gift I wouldn't pry B-U-T endanger my friends and family and all bets are off. I would scan everyone looking for the perpetraitor. (Yeah, I know. I purposely misspelled it)

Also, Ken, Bucky better not be the one covered completely.

Oh man!! I did not want to know that. With Norris being your main character it is unlikely that he died and with Adam being one of Roland's it unlikely he died (unless you had an agreement with Roland). I'm pretty sure Downey is gone since he was the driver so that leaves Bucky as the other likely casualty. I really liked him and liked him and Rodriguez together.

Totally bummed now and want revenge!!

One interesting point though you stated that Norris is my main character and he is, but when I first started to write this story the original intention was Bucky would be the main character. However Norris just took control as soon as he appeared in that first scene and had never relinquished control since. It just goes to show you how these stories develop a mind of their own.

Or am I lying to you and none died. or maybe all four died in the explosion. just have to wait for chapter 15

Nice try but there is almost no way Downey survived even if he were like Adam. You could have all four end up dying but you might end up with a mutinee from your readers then. LOL

Might be interesting to see how things went after that though. Killing off two of the main leaders of armed forces against Ashwood; might throw the whole war into even more turmoil.

Did all of you guys get together and decide to make this cliff-hanger week?  ;)

From the last paragraph:

The next few minutes became a blur. Images rolled into his mind. The boy on a stretcher. Two men, one who was completely covered by a blanket. The loud stuttering of something chopping the air. Several Marines running across the flight deck with Norris on a stretcher of his own. Sight and sound fluttered away, as darkness descended once again.

You threw me with your earlier comment that perhaps only two survived.  We know Norris is alive, since this part of the story seems to be from his perspective.  Adam was alive since he is on a stretcher, not completely covered.  The highlighted sentence above lead me to believe that Bucky was alive too, at least initially.  The one covered completely is obviously LCPL Downey.  From the description, the explosion was at the driver's side front tire.  Downey probably took the brunt of it.  Besides, with his speech at the beginning of the drive about being honored to serve with Norris, and willing to march into hell for him, I figured he was a "goner" eventually. 

All I can say is please don't make us wait too long!  :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Who is excited for the epic conclusion of "Dawns Early Light"

Is Norris alive? Is Bucky alive? Is Adam alive? did anyone survive the explosion? How will this affect the upcoming mission? Who set the explosive? Will the affect how the group operates? So many questions and so many more....

The story line "Ends" at chapter 15 but before you get your pitchforks and torches out there is a 4 chapter mini series following chapter 15 and then the story line will continue in Book 2 "Broad Stripes and Bright Stars" I thought it best to write under a new title as the mission of the Ronald Reagan and its Officers and Crew has turn a corner they are going to go on the offensive. This will be a wild ride so hold on tight.

"Dawns Early Light" 15 is tentatively set for August 10th. Keep in mind that with a collaborative writing project we have to be flexible to help maintain timelines with all the other authors.

Once its up and you have read it let me know what you think