A chapter of subtle changes and building sense of purpose for our heroes.  Funny, full of heart and hope.  Just what Norris and Company need for the difficult days to come.  But you get the sense that this is not only what they live for, but they're more than up to the challenge.  Bucky is the epitome of what a Naval Officer should be in the face of adversity, Grace Under Pressure.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Ken,

Just finished the story - at least as far as what has posted. It's getting old to say I love your writing, but there it is - I do! I know it's good because when I get down to the end of a chapter my eye goes to the link for "Next Chapter". I don't hesitate - I just click it! The latest chapter left me wanting more. The entire premise frankly made me so angry at first I wasn't sure I could read the rest. But I settled down and dug in, mostly because I was already enamored with Bucky and Norris and the way they operate. Reminded me  of Mitch Rapp (Vince Flynn), some of my favorite books. I did get bogged down in all the names of the ships and the officers, but decided to sort of mentally filter all that out and just read for the main characters and the overall plot. Then it got fun - a lot of fun. I'm glad you have the "good" guys winning and you did a masterful and realistic job of setting up a plausible scenario for how this horrible and unthinkable sequence of events could happen. I was shocked at my own reaction to the idea of chemical weapons or WMDs being used on American cities. My mind couldn't fully grasp the horror of it at first, but then when it started to penetrate, I didn't want it to anymore. Horrifying!

The brightest spot for me - so far - was Kevin in the pilot seat, giving out instructions. That scene made me cry happy tears. I LOVED THAT! It was a moment of humanity in a story full on inhumanity. Brilliant stuff! Can't wait for more.

(Am I to understand that this story is merging with two others for operation "And Justice for All"?) When does that arrive? And will this story continue? Should I read the other two stories first before "And Justice for All"?)

Jack,

thank you. That is high praise indeed coming from such a fantastic author. The first few chapters were like a parade of introductions but I needed to get the scope of the players out of the way. The rest focus predominately on Norris and his inner circle.

Yes this story merges with two others "changing connections" by Eric Aune and "new beginnings" by Roland. The merged story is a special mini series called "and justice for all" it's nine parts long and the release starts on January 19 with a new chapter being released each day for 9 days. I would recommend ready the other two stories so you are familiar with those characters as well.

While it is definitely to your advantage to have read all three stories, JFA (what we staff call it for short) is also a complete story in itself... You just won't have the full impact if you haven't read them.

The whole storyline has been through many revisions in thought, action and plot, before the major theme was settled. This is also a way to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the Revolutions Universe, as the the final installment of the mini-series concludes on that date.

While it may seem trite to say it, this is gonna blow you all out of the water!

Alan, I can not wait! Ok. So,I really have to wait but with Anticipation! Sorry, won't blow me out of the water since I don't swim but I suspect JFA will be better than the most orgasmic bite of chocolate! I bet the plot line discussion must have been interesting, to say the least. Dis you all almost come to blows over it, grin.... Thanks for the teaser... You are evil, grin....

I thought that was what hibernating was for- to read, read, read!!!

And boy have I been reading; just finished all 9 chapters (as well as the 13 chapters of 'Changing Connections') in about two weeks to be ready for the RU anniversary event. Had already read Roland's  RU story.

Great story here, Ken! Every bit as good as I thought 'Cyclone' was. Cannot wait for the big event!! :) 

Jeikor,

Thank you very much. One more chapter of "Dawns Early Light" Before "And Justice For All." 

"And Justice for All" or JFA as we call it, is probably the largest most complicated project I have ever seen or been a part of.

For those that are not aware All three authors of JFA will be on a live chat on 02/01/15

Here are the details. Please come join us.

Ken, I fear my schedule will usually conflict with others, so a transcript will be perfect for me, if at all possible. I think the idea of collaborative writing is intriguing. I'd love to try my hand it sometime, if there is ever another situation. Of course, my style of story so far is nothing like the Revolutions Universe, but perhaps a different type of connection between writers might happen in the future...