[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ken Barber stories can now be found at Ken Barber]

NEW STORY

Chapter 1 can be found at http://update.castleroland.net/library/author/ken_barber

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

This is going to be an outstanding story. The first chapter was quick to hook you into the story. By the end of the chapter I was wanting more. Very much looking forward to future chapters and seeing how the story and characters develop going forward.

Ken is a great story teller and encourage everyone to take some time to check out this great new story and to explore his other stories as well. You will not be disappointed.

This is starting out to be a great story. Ken, you have a good take on the United States Navy and its officers, by and large, they have always been a group that thinks for itself. One note I would have to make is your designation of the non-commissioned officers. Technically, they are all "Non-Coms" as you identified them. Usually, however, those who speak "Navyese" refer to them as Petty Officers.

Over the last couple of years, I have come upon this story in several locations and themes and have been following it as best I can. I hope you can keep the story going as it is an excellent read and it strikes a bell with all us "conspiracy and doomsday addicts".

Thanx for writing,

Charles Bird

SeaBird

Seabird,

Thank you so much for your feedback. The story is progressing well and we have some great surprises in order. As an Army guy writing a Navy story the use of NCO or Noncom is second nature to me. I did run it past my Navy experts and they were fine with it. It can be easily changed to petty officer if thats how the navy refers to them and I will try to keep that in mind for the future chapters.

Thanks 

Ken Barber

• 4 weeks later...

I've just got to say this. I really liked Cyclone. I'm hoping most of you liked it as well.

In Dawn's Early Light, Ken really shines as a writer. So for those of you that enjoyed Cyclone, I think you will find this a very intriguing story, even if you haven't read anything else in the Revolution Universe.

I'm also hoping that you like this story enough to post your comments here. Ken would really like to hear from you!

Allen, Thank you very much. That is high praise indeed. And yes I would love to hear from the readers on here. I try very to reply to every post and the feed back is what keeps me fired up, I am very open to constructive criticism as well. If there is something you don't like about the story let me know.

Thanks again for all the support, feedback and encouragement.

Ken B

I am continuing to enjoy the story and its companion stories as I locate them. Being and "old Navy Man" and having a continuing connection with various Navy related organizations, I find your scenarios all too realistic and very possible. American politics are at a crucial divide right now, a divide so intense that just that sort of happening is no longer unthinkable. Members of the military, including the US Navy, are all products of their times and environment. The force of an oath may not mean to many people what it once did and honorable conduct is routinely ridiculed by those in government as well as the general population. I wish these stories and others like it were required reading in schools, starting as young as possible. That, however is very unlikely, the force of public opinion is not for patriotism, loyalty and honorable conduct. There is lying and cheating at every level of government, stealing is routine and shoddy performance is mandated. At every turn, those who honor the Constitution, obey the laws and act honorably are derided as dinosaurs, outmoded, outworn, and outclassed. Those who would protect our citizens, defend our Constitution and obey our laws are often jailed as troublemakers. "Citizenship" is not even taught in schools anymore and, in many places, it is against the law to salute the flag, or even have one in your possession.

Keep on writing, just MAYBE there will be a few young people who will see "the light"!

Charles Bird

SeaBird

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...