Beyond the Crags

JP Caballero

I have no doubt that this new story will be well written and interesting.  That said, I will not be starting it.  As much as I love all of Kyle Aarons stories, I will not start a new one unless it has been completed.  Except for the one story, " The Defenders " has any story ever been completed out of the myriad of ones that have been started?

• 1 month later...

Currently, we have 14 completed chapters. We are presenting one chapter every other week.

I have told Kyle that he absolutely must finish this story. There are two reasons for this. 1) It affects what is being written in Kandric 33 (that chapter is well into being finished). 2) It is central to what Roland is writing in his Sands of Time story --> This is a complete reboot of that story.

• 2 months later...

Nice story .... thank you.

Is there an updated map available ? I would like to be able to locate the places mentioned in the story: Twin Spires, Scorpion Falls, Black Toad Butte ...

I know this takes place near the desert of the dead... and there is a mention that Falcon's loft is to east but it would be nice to visualize where the crags are on the map.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 10:52 PM, Zergrinch said:

That's sad. Why not keep the story online? I mean, add a disclaimer that it's no longer canon, but unless the series is going to be heavily rewritten from the ground up like "Defenders", I don't see the need to junk it.

I underwrite you in this! Sands One is interesting reading stuff and as for the why....it's quite possible Roland and Kyle weren't going to find each other in connecting all the dots...?

We have to wait for the ending of The Crags story to even get Kandrics next chapter.

It's mentioned here that Kyle has started the next chapter.. I would like getting smaller installments more often than having to wait eons... I read Kandric from the first chapter but it never was this long between chapters.

Sorry I digress from the topic 😱..

But about Sands, isn't anybody copying the installments on his or her harddrive? Not for distribution of course!

If anyone is interested in a copy of the original sands, please feel free to contact me.  I will happily send it to you.  

as for why it had to be pulled down, I truly worried about people confusing the two.  They are not similar by any stretch, but I don’t want people thinking the what happened in the first, actually happened.  If that made sense

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 3:40 PM, L'oiseau said:

It's mentioned here that Kyle has started the next chapter.. I would like getting smaller installments more often than having to wait eons... I read Kandric from the first chapter but it never was this long between chapters.

sorry, smaller  is not the order of the day on Kandric, especially this upcoming, preposterously labeled 'chapter': get ready its a monster in and of itself.🐉

On 8/31/2021 at 7:11 AM, Al Norris said:

Currently, we have 14 completed chapters. We are presenting one chapter every other week.

I have told Kyle that he absolutely must finish this story. There are two reasons for this. 1) It affects what is being written in Kandric 33 (that chapter is well into being finished). 2) It is central to what Roland is writing in his Sands of Time story --> This is a complete reboot of that story.

I have a minor typo to report (see attachment). I believe this should be "spectacle" and not the adjective form "spectacular".

Alternatively, remove the "a" before "terrifyingly" and it should be good too.

---

After reading Kandric 33, I can't say that I felt this affected it at all. Sure there is a link to Charkash, but he isn't pivotal to understanding the chapter. Crags felt to me like a little insular tale (about surviving a storm) that won't have repercussions in the main saga... 😁

Screenshot_20211225-064753160.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, Emperor Roland said:

If anyone is interested in a copy of the original sands, please feel free to contact me.  I will happily send it to you.  

as for why it had to be pulled down, I truly worried about people confusing the two.  They are not similar by any stretch, but I don’t want people thinking the what happened in the first, actually happened.  If that made sense

Please send me a copy of the original SOT story. I love your writing and do not want to miss any part of it ;)