Michael Sam Drafted by Rams: Latest News, Rea

Zach Caldwell

I won't even begin to say I know anything at all about any sport let alone football. However, it seems to me this must be a large step for the team one that shows strong support of the lgbt community. While it could hurt their standings with people as a whole.

I wonder if this was a calcualted risk or someone taking a firm stand? I hope they just decided to make a firm stand and support the communty while choosing what I assume must be a great overall player.

I wonder if this was a calcualted risk or someone taking a firm stand? I hope they just decided to make a firm stand and support the communty while choosing what I assume must be a great overall player.

I'd rather hope this wasn't a firm stand -- that they actually thought he was good enough.  I wouldn't want them to choose him because of him being gay, or despite his being gay; I'd aim to hear they chose him regardless of his being gay.

The link below is to the Draft info on Sams, for those who are not sport literate such as myself. It seems a mixed bag to me and I have no reference as to how the info stacks up for other first time players being drafted to the NFL. That said, it does seem to this layman that he has some good potential. It is the potential, I hope is why the Rams picked Sams. I would not be surprised if there is some ulterior motive in picking Sams, in that it could drive up attendance and or attention from the gay community, which could transfer into money for the team. I would hope that is not the reason, but hey these teams are a business and they are about making money, so it stands to reason.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1700418/michael-sam

Now i am going to be ironic.  :P

That is not football. Football is some think that you play whit your foot, i never understand you Americans calling something played whit your hands football.

Here in Europe we play football. whit our foots.  :P

Lol! But what about kickoffs? :D