Centennial

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Joe Writerman stories can now be found at Joe Writerman]

Centennial is a story written by Joe Writerman that takes place in the Revolutions Universe Chapters 1 - 9 are posted at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/joe_writerman

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well hello Dear Readers,

Thought I should probably drop you a note to thank you for coming here to view our stories.  Our aim is to entertain you since you are the only reason we authors and support staff do our thing.

I apologize for the 9 month delay with getting you new chapters to Centennial.  I had two or three chapters in the works post chapter 9.  Several logistical issues came up that required substantial changes to make the logistics work.  Part of the delay came from certain staff members coming and going, and getting settled into new routines and processes.  I'm not casting blame but am giving you some explanation; I feel I owe it to you.

With that said, exciting things are on tap for Luke, Jordan and the rest of the guys and gal.  Phillips (Patriarch), Katy and Asshole (Ashwood) continue to dig themselves into graves, shallow graves at that.  They think they are invincible, but are they?  Can their evil continue to spread?  How many more people are they going to hurt?

Answers to those questions and more will be answered, all in due time.  You'll have to stay tuned.

Also, just to let you know, I am deep into writing Chapter 17.  Which means 11 thru 16 are on tap for you.  Now that the logistical issues are fairly well worked out, chapters will be coming one every 3 to 4 weeks.  So stay tuned, things are about to get very interesting.

Joe WriterMan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yikes, figures my correction needs correcting!  Sorry about that!

I have a few very minor quibbles with Chapter 18:

• "Peter, I hope you do not mind if I forage ahead with sharing some very good news." <-- did you mean forge?
  • "We believe they were released with Ashoods mass release of all Federal prisoners." <-- Ashwood's
  • "...should there be any further ordinance - the safety and security..." <-- did you mean ordnance?
  • "In regards to them, it would be safe to share with the children..." <-- "With regards to them" sounds more appropriate
  • "...until Wayne, with is stick firmly and frantically embedded..." <-- his
  • "Carlin with his eyes burning from being splashed from the chemicals..." <-- consider using "with"
  • "He was intently busy. As they came closer..." <-- May or may not be a mistake, but I thought "intensely" might be the intended word?
  • "Of course, Robbie is one of us.""Kewl. <-- Add new line between the two quotation marks 
  • "Melisa and Bradley will be alone."Oh, okay." <-- Additional line and quotation mark needed before Oh okay.
  • "How about you getting dressed then we'll meet..." <-- Consider "get" instead.
  • "...in any dress state than fully clothed." <-- Consider rephrasing to "state of dress other than"
  • "...that one of the most evil man on Earth was dead" <-- men , or "that the most evil man on Earth was dead"
  • "The hairs on the back of his arms arose." <-- consider "rose".
  • "Though he had no recollection of actually meeting the man that had died" <-- consider "who"
  • "...possibility of backfiring in their faces..." <-- maybe add clarification about what is backfiring (i.e. the plan, Lawrence's plan...)
  • The man threatened Carlin's wellbeing, all in fun of course. <-- well-being

That's probably enough for now :)

Thank you for your critique of chapter 18.  Much appreciated.  I like hearing from my readers with their comments, suggestions, notes, etc.

Right now, my plans are to keep chapter 18 'as is'.  However, I will speak with our editorial staff to obtain and mull over their opinions.  I will provide an update once the decision is reached.

Again, thank you for writing.

Joe Writerman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Readers,

At this time, I am no longer actively writing in the Revolutions Universe due to many reasons, none of which are all that important to state here in this note to you.  I have not terminated my relationship with them, nor have they terminated any relationship with me.  There is one more chapter written, Chapter 21, which is awaiting final review before it can go live according to the RU's timeline.  There is no estimate as to when Castle Roland will make it available to you, my readers.

With that last thought in mind, I've posted it on my personal website at https://joewriterman.wordpress.com/ for you to read and enjoy.  Look for '10.0 Centennial' at the bottom right hand side of the page.

Also, due to the many hanging items in my Centennial Story, I am planning on writing Book 2 to close them up and to, of course, add other scenarios, simply because Luke, Jordan, Lawrence, Aaron and the rest still hold my heart.  There will be very little, if any, interaction with the current RU, however there will be references, both direct and indirect to happenings already written about in Book 1.

As always, entertaining my readers is my first and foremost objective.  I firmly believe the changes I've made will better serve you, for without you there is no reason for me to rack my brains, twitch my creativity, to tell a tale that will hopefully catch your attention.

With that... I thank you for following along.

Joe Writer Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hi all,

i am just reading at chapter 4. and have a wrath in me which is unbelievable. its very difficult to really read it forth without breaks but othersides it binds literally to read it.

when i read about these asshole adults forcing luke and jordan doing things or not doing things, being hold down and shaved and nearly cut with that knife i wish i could come there, kick these assholes in their nuts (if even available) and free both of these boys who have a very strong bond of love.

i wonder how someone can see the love of gay as wrong and a sin. but, i know, some branches of our christian church do it still, not that extreme but not very less. as well as the believers of allah, the islamic religion, fights homosexuality with all its might.

i wonder why? why love can be bad? but, well, these questions cant be answered in the next time i am afraid. that will need still decades if not centuries till that is settled and out of heads.

when i finish this book i hope there is the book 2 somewhere then.

this story raises even more wrath in me than the geek squad by kyle, which also had some places i could have killed someone in this story (luck for the characters that they arent real :) ) hope kyle continues soon too with the geek squad.

there is so much to read here, and i come from one to the other story and universe. 3 of them i already know now and besides that some other single stories which also were totally interesting and thrilling.

thx you all!

Yours Darian Fey

• 6 months later...

Hello Joe ,

.   Thank you so much for this amazing journey, My emotions were on a 21 chapter roller coaster ride here . I look forward to any other stories that you write and share with us here,

.        Cheers,

.             John C