Everything You Need To Know About The End Of Net Neutrality

Zach Caldwell

Thanks for posting this! I keep hearing about it and it worries me. I hope that we can find a better way to respond to some of the problems we have been having with the net than to move to regulation and cencorship.

If you are cognizant of these sort of situations you may have heard of TPP and TTIP. Both are important in regard to net neutrality and the future of the internet. If you haven't heard of them I urge you to look into them!

I am not sure that I would go so far as to say there should be no regulations on the Internet per se. Any internet regulation I think should be geared towards accessibility, reliability and security. Do not feel that companies should be able to dictate our level of access or slow us down if we go to a site that they do not own, or that they are not getting money from.

Sadly, unless the public stands up and demands net neutrality, big business is likely to get their way. Which makes me wonder about an underworld internet. There probably already is one, but it would get a bigger boost, I suspect if big business start to muddle with the internet.

I agree to a point that there are things on the internet that need to be regulated. But those things can be handled without directly involving the internet. In ways that already happen such as raiding servers hosting inappropriate content when they are located. However, I don't feel that those regulations should be handled witih throttling or such passive aggressive measures as the information on net neutrility suggests.

I agree that the public needs to stand up, all across the world we need to stand up, and take action to prevent communication companies from dictating what they serve in the way that is suggestion may be coming to pass with the end of net neutrility. However, I beleive that it is also the right of the ISPs to dictate what they will provide to an extent because it is a service they are providing to us. Not the other way around. We need to find a ballance, but it will be a very delicate thing.

• 2 weeks later...