Drummer Boy: Honour Thy Family (Book 1)

Al Norris

image.pngThe Limehouse was among the poorest sections of London, in the early 19th century. Thomas Marking was born to a poor wounded veteran and his wife. Not able to work, due to his wounds, they were living on his meager pension. At almost twelve years of age, Thomas volunteers for the Kings service as a drummer boy to help his war wounded father and mother survive. This was a time when most of Europe was fighting Emperor Napoleon, so going into battle was not at all out of the question. This is a tale of one young boys bravery, family honor and finding out just what he was made of.

Arthur has published the first part of his Drummer Boy series at Amazon.

Click here for the Printed Version or Click here for the EBook

Many of you wanted to see this in print, and your wish has come true! The printed version is a standard 6x9 international paperback and while the EBook is in kindle format, there are many programs that will read this (Calibre being the most well known program).

Please, if you do by the book (in whatever form), go back and leave a review. It will help to drive sales and encourage Arthur to write more!

• 2 weeks later...

Arthur will shortly be releasing Book 2 on Amazon. This will complete what, up to now, we knew as Drummer Boy Book 1.

After this, Arthur will release Book 3 (what we know as Book 2: The Road North).

Because he wishes to use Amazon's promotional advertising, all "Free" copies must be removed from the web. All sites where Drummer Boy Books 1 & 2 have been hosted were notified to take them down. Of course, I issued myself a DMCA take down noticed... at which point, I found that I had already complied! :lol:

In case you are wondering, this is standard throughout the publishing industry.

• 3 months later...

Book 2 is available on Amazon but way too expensive in Australia. To Buy both books and they HAVE to be delivered, the total is $63.00
I will search a little more to see if I can find them somewhere else. The Australia tax is EVER present. ?

I just searched and found that Ebay had a listing for both books but the total exceeds $85.00 to have them brought to Aus. ?

The price in Australia is the same in Europe and probably in the USA (I haven't looked). A$14 (9 Euros) per book goes to the author, the rest is to Amazon for printing and posting (I believe it's a max 70% split to the author. The minimum on Amazon self-publishing is 30% to the author). The variation in price between books is related to the size, bigger books (e.g. 200 pages v 150 pages) cost more to print. I guess you have to accept that the author wants to make money from his books and that's the price he's put on his work.

Personally I support free online gay fiction and there is a lot to read here on this site that won't cost you a cent.  It's nice to own a printed paperback, but that comes with a price tag. It could perhaps be cheaper?