Tales From The Quarry

Zach Caldwell

Eddie a boy that has went threw a lot to come out on the other side. It is hard for me to relate to some of the hardships he had to ender. I guess we all have ran in to a few in our time. It dose seem he had it a lot worse. It could be some kids do have it as bad as Eddie. I sure would like to know more now that he has Adam in his life. He needs some happiness after all the bad he has gone threw.

If you have read "The Quarry", all the characters within these 14 chapters will be somewhat familiar, as they all made cameo appearances in that story.

Here, Driver is giving us all a glimpse into their lives and fleshing them out more than was done in "The Quarry".

If you haven't read the preceding story, what you have are pretty much stand-alone glimpses into the lives of various individuals and many times how they interact with each other.

However you come at this, Driver weaves a good tale!

I truly enjoyed this heart worming story. It was full of all kinds of emotions. The right things to do for the right reasons for the right people. I can only hope Marcy and Tony star as a couple. We never get to know when this story takes place. The time frame to me looks to have taken place a number of years ago. I would like to read more of Marcy and Tony if that is in the cards.

If you had read "The Quarry", you may have recognized some of these characters as bit players in that other story. What Driver has done here, is to give us small glimpses into who and what these characters were. Some of their back-story, if you will. Some characters, because of their roles, will get a more detailed story than others.

What a nice story about young high school guys. In away it brought back memories of long past high school days. Things I had not thought of in years. I enjoyed the story and much more the memories. I guess a good story will do that to you sometimes.

Driver, I think what I like best about your stories is the psychological insight you provide to each character. Their motivations seem natural and reasonable. I also wish that I could have had friends like that when I was growing up. These are fun stories and I look forward to each new chapter and finding out more about the boys. Thanks for writing these stories.

Parker

I am a bit of a late comer to these stories. I can say I enjoy them very much. They are wonderfully wrighten with a lot of deep thought put into them. The way they are presented make you relate to what is going on with in them. In some places bring back memories from my own life experiences. While making read a bit more enjoying evert moment.

I am liking the same story from another person respective. I think it was quit ingenious. I will look forward to reading more such respective. It gives whole new meaning yo the story for me with new ways of looking at things.

This was a very good action field chapter. The terrible thing that happened within it to Bax's family and himself. In away you think it is only a story. This could not happen outside these pages. Well, I can remember when bad things did take place. When a young gay man need to learn how to fight. We did and survived. Today young LGBTQ people may not have to go threw as much as we did. That is the reason we went threw them. What today's young People do affects the next generation. To improve one upon itself till their is no reason to think of being different. By that time little thought will be given to being LGBTQ. Maybe what we had to face will be mostly forgotten. That is fine with me, we never set out to be heroes. We set out to be our self. In away we did and still do but we made it better than where and how we found it.