Drummer Boy 3 - Mir Pacifica

Castle Herald

6 hours ago, R08m4rv said:

Cannot wait for the next chapter.

I have good news and I have bad news!

Arthur and I discussed how we were going to present this story, mostly because it is still being written. So...

We agreed that publishing a chapter every other week would be the best way, as it will give Arthur more time to write. More time equals a more stress-free environment and hence, a better (quality) story. As much as we all are wanting to read this new installment in the saga of Thomas Marking, I think most of you will agree that a quality story is better than a rush job.

Al.

i think this is the best birthday present i got this year even if i found it late seeing as i didnt know they uploaded on monday now lol.  I cant wait to read more and i love the brotherhood so i glad to see more of them I find them very interesting and could read a whole story just on there history and how they came to be.  Thank you so much arthur i cant wait to see where you take this book.

I believe it was way back on August 25th, 2014, that we began updating on Mondays, as well as Thursdays.

Regardless, if you wish to know what is being updated, you might want to subscribe to our twice weekly Newsletter. That may be done by filling out the (very) small form at the top of the main page of this forum. Only a valid email address is required (how else could we send it to you?).

• 2 weeks later...

An awesome reunion of Thomas and Mr. Scully. We see Mr. Scully is made part of the brotherhood with tasks to preform. The Morgan brothers Caven and Snot agreeing to join their old friends. As plans having been made their return to the ships and new crews but not so new crews. We are getting ready for our new adventures and I can hardy wait.

• 2 weeks later...

A very entertaining and enjoyable chapter. I am glad many of Thomas' old friends have joined him in the shipping company. We see as in many cases when the disagreements if nations have been put aside. The men once enemy to one another find friendship in time of peace. The details of this chapter is wonderful. That makes it that much more fun to read.

As  always an enjoyable read and Arthur keeps us coming back for more and more chapters about Thomas and his friends. I am currently wondering if he is going to be in for a pleasant shock when docking to see just how many his friends are awaitin for his arrival.

Wish Arthur and all the moderators and staff at Castleroland a happy 2018

• 2 weeks later...

It was no surprise to see Thomas meet with such fan fare. As the three ships are readed there is no lacking of those wishing to join the crew. Now we see a Thomas going to Toro bay to see his new house. I am sure he will get a worm welcome there as well. I have no idea how many men are needed in this trip. Looks as they maybe some disappointed men that can not go. Thomas is known to make sure his men well taken care of. Will he find positions for them all that need one? We will see.

• 2 weeks later...

An awesome chapter. Thomas is now home and well defended. Looks as if his friends once again has took it upon themselves to look after him. I hope the King dose not try anything but time will tell. I see the story back on track and nothing more than new adventures await.

• 2 weeks later...

We are off and running with our new adventure. The King giving his warrants to Thomas may very well come in handy. I can see they are making ready for anything that comes their way. 

I can see a lot of detail was placed in this chapter. As we have seem in past chapters a lot of thought and hard work has been placed in them. All this for our reading enjoyment. Thank you Arthur.

• 2 weeks later...

Random Thoughts,

I was going to write this up a couple of weeks ago but I've spent the last two weeks coughing up my lungs; or at least try to.

Well, Thomas is afloat and onto his next adventure.  I figure Arthur has the story pretty much firmed up but I was hoping that there would be more information on Thomas' fellow 1r Regimiento Espanol Guerillas.  It is rather fun to speculate on what happened or might happen to them.

Just off the top of my head:

Sergio and Carlito were given Thomas' Spanish hacienda but they are traveling with Thomas.  Maybe the Spanish king grabbed the property?

Majors Jones (quartermaster): Thought for sure he would be involved with running the shipping company.

Jervis (surgeon):  At the end of Book 2, thought he would have opened a clinic in Opporto or Vimeiro; or sailed with the fleet.

Maketja (romani):  He and Snot were close friends in Book 2 but no mention so far.  Stayed in Spain? A spy in France?

Perrin Brothers:  Couldn't return to Spain. Traveled back to England or did they seek their fortune in the colonies.

Simon Croxley, son of Maximillian Croxley (who died at the Battle of Olivenca): Stay with Thomas or return to the service of Captain Morgan. I know there wasn't much about him in Book 1 but he's one of those minor characters you wonder what happened.

Yes, I know, I'm such a "fanboy".  But hey, it's fun to speculate on what will happen in Book 3.  Will Thomas run into other members of his army overseas?  I know British sailor impressment ended around this time but who knows, maybe Thomas will rescue some former troops.

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow's chapter release. Cheers.

Somewhere along the way, Chapter 7 got confused and didn't post last evening, as it should have... Truth be told, I mangled my own database of upcoming chapters. The chapter was still on my hard drive until a few moments ago. It is now live and all I can say is that I goofed. Big Time..

Arthur
"Drummer Boy 3: Mir Pacifica"
Chapter 7

Thank you Al for you diligence in watching the postings. Then making sure this chapter is released.

We see the ships trained to become better at being brought to battle stations. Then stopping the slaver and handing out justice on the high seas. I can not hardly wait to read the next chapter.

• 2 weeks later...