Thilo

Castle Herald

This has been an awesome story. I have enjoyed myself from the very start. In away I hate to see it end. You fill you got to know the boys so well. All good things come to their own end. Maybe one day weay here more of Thilo tails.

I would just like to thank everyone who read Thilo, and especially all those who emailed me with their comments of encouragement.

To those folk who asked me if I'm planning a sequel, I'm going to disappoint you. I think that the right time had arrived to draw a veil over events, and to pursue things further might be akin to flogging a dead horse; - totally without purpose, and anyway, what more could I add now the boys are not boys anymore, but men running a sizeable farming operation, free from the trauma of their youth.

This is the first story I've had published by the Castle and I hope they'll look favourably on anything I might write in the future, but for now I'd like to reiterate my sincerest thanks to both the staff and those who spent time reading it. I'm humbled.

Andy Foote.  (Warwickshire, United Kingdom).

• 5 months later...

This is my first post on CR,  I actually read Thilo on another site. There were a few refinements to this version but It was a great story. Being a Boarding school boy in the U.S. I have a unique perspective on this story. I attend school with boys from all over the world because their parents are embassy employees or work for multi-national companies. But not all of us are in that category, The school is a music academy and we all are very accomplished at our chosen instruments. But we live with some pretty severe security issues. Our security people are all ex-military and very well trained. Many consider us to be pampered rich kids although we have several scholarship students. Yes we do get to do things and go places that the kids in city run schools don't but we pay a hefty price. No social media whatsoever. We cannot send photos to friends at least not on the school network. For that matter, we can't visit websites like CR unless we have internet independent of the schools network. Every boy here has a Gmail or Yahoo account as a result. We also do a physical regimen that is fairly rigorous and everyone is required to take some sort of defensive training. My family is wealthy and that makes me a target like most of the boys here. All of this together made Thilo a wonderful experience. There is at least one person that gets it, I haven't had to deal with Angolan terrorists yet but we've had some scrapes going into town.

I just wanted to thank Mr. Foote for writing such a thrilling story and taking it serious.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished "Thilo" last night. An outstanding story. If you (reader) have not seen Adam's comment, earlier, I recommend it. He's the real expert on Africa.

"Thilo" is fast-paced, although Mr. Foote pauses the action often enough to allow this reader to catch his breath. Details on the British peerage, law (guns, especially), African and British culture, farming, and schooling offer verisimilitude that knits the story together and held this reader's rapt attention. Bravo Zulu, Mr. Foote

• 4 months later...