Updates

maggiefan

I'm a new reader finding my way around, and I noticed this "suggestion" area today for the first time. Hope I'm doing this right.

My suggestion is that links for updates be kept on the "updates" page for longer. It seems that at the moment the links to the previous week's updates are removed immediately and the updates page only links to the current week's updates. However, I can't -- and I presume it's probably true for other people as well -- always be sure to look in every week, and I've found I missed updates to stories I was reading because the links to previous weeks were already deleted.

I can't see any reason why previous links have to be deleted every week: why not keep them there on the page? So if, for example, I was unable to visit the site for a month, I'd still be able to see what has been updated since I was last here. It seems simple enough, and would be very helpful.

I agree that a bit longer posting links to update would be very helpful. As you said some users of this site may not be able to visit twice a week. The updates being every Monday and Thursday. To solve this problem one can join to receive the newsletter. This way you can check your email and see not only the updates but new and coming stories. In that way you could check them at your convenience. It would also be helpful, when other important news to the Castleroland.net  members and community is released.

I think maybe every two weeks myself. As I said if you receive the newsletter you would have them in your email. Maybe a notation at the end of updates reminding people to sign up for the newsletter. I would like to see a date when it was updated would be helpful. Like we use to have would be fine. I agree you should not trash up the site with to much. 

The issue with some chorm APS not working is of more importance at this time. I have that problem myself. I have to hold and open in new tab to navigate the site. With new people finding the community everyday, this could be an issue that needs to be addressed.

We do not say thank you as often as we should. All the hard work placed in posting new stories and upkeep on the site.

So, Thank you and everyone for your hard work in bring Castle Roland for our entertainment and enjoyment. With out you this would not be possible.

It occurred to me this would be a good time to point out that we try to use multiple methods to keep our members updated. So I encourage everything to checkout our facebook page and twitter page. both can be found at 

https://twitter.com/CastleRolandMod (Twitter Page)

https://www.facebook.com/castleroland.net (Facebook page)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 10:23 AM, maggiefan said:

I'm a new reader finding my way around, and I noticed this "suggestion" area today for the first time. Hope I'm doing this right.

My suggestion is that links for updates be kept on the "updates" page for longer. It seems that at the moment the links to the previous week's updates are removed immediately and the updates page only links to the current week's updates. However, I can't -- and I presume it's probably true for other people as well -- always be sure to look in every week, and I've found I missed updates to stories I was reading because the links to previous weeks were already deleted.

I can't see any reason why previous links have to be deleted every week: why not keep them there on the page? So if, for example, I was unable to visit the site for a month, I'd still be able to see what has been updated since I was last here. It seems simple enough, and would be very helpful.

On the old website if we did not clear out the updates and replace them twice a week the list would have been outrageously long. Leaving them up a little long is possible and I will discuss it with Allen and Roland. There may be pitfalls we are not seeing. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 11:28 PM, ken barber said:

On the old website if we did not clear out the updates and replace them twice a week the list would have been outrageously long. Leaving them up a little long is possible and I will discuss it with Allen and Roland. There may be pitfalls we are not seeing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you for doing this - much appreciated.

3 hours ago, maggiefan said:

Thank you for doing this - much appreciated.

so the conversation I had with Allen who is responsible for the setting up and updating the site twice a week is that it would create an extra layer for him to leave stuff up for an entire week. Still working on some ideas though never fear.