The Excellence of "The Kandric Saga"

David McLeod

2 hours ago, Zergrinch said:

Well, you'd be surprised at what Western publishers will publish these days. The title I mentioned is being translated into English and published by Seven Seas Entertainment once every 3 months 😅

True, but Mushoku Tensei started it's life over with the eastern audience before it was translated into Jobless Reincarnation over here. Hell it's even got an Anime right now. For a business, the proof of concept and profit would outweigh any controversial aspects.

The Kandric Saga would fit right into that space in my opinion. You give it some Anime style artwork and publish it over there, it wouldn't seem out of place at all. Get enough sales going, then Western publishers would want to do it. Or hell, repackage it and sell it directly to the anime audience online. You could even pitch it as a yaoi and keep EVERYTHING as is, though that is a smaller audience. 

Can't be that hard to give it anime-style artwork. Just find a yaoi artist on Pixiv who does fantasy stuff and commission them to make 5 or 6 drawings, including the cover. Then just slap them into this here PDF and boom 😁.

I suppose the only issue is that Kandric Saga isn't an isekai, and the main character is connected too deeply to the world (he's got a grandfather and a long heritage) to be easily converted into an isekai character. 

Kandric Saga.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Okay everyone, it is happening.  The next Kandric 'chapter' (more like two or more novels) will be published on 24 December.  I would really like people to add in how long it took them to read it.  i am just really curious.  I hope this warning gives you enough time  to schedule time off of work if you need it.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it in 3 days. Formatted the whole thing in a novel sized 6x9 pdf with size 14 font. It came to a little under 1,100 pages and I read around 400 pages per day on my phone. Gave some entertainment on days 5 through 7 of no electricity. (My City got hit hard with a Category 5 so couldn't use a computer, lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This latest chapter took a long time but it was also quite long and spent over a month at editors too.  There isn't a time frame of when the next might come so we cannot expect another long chapter quickly, unless he does like he has done on Adventure quest lately and post some short chapters.

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, Emperor Roland said:

Just dropping a little note here...  Chapter 33 is officially off to the editors....

Now may be a good time to start a re-read to make sure everything is fresh in your minds... lol.

Hello....so I been following you for about over a decade now. I know you said chapter 33 is off to the editor and when do you think they will be done with it. I can be patient and eager to find out what happened.... heck I would probably start again on chapter 1 even though I have read your story more than any other book in history and keep coming back to the same cliff hanger. 

Just dropping a little note here...  Chapter 33 is officially off to the editors....

Now may be a good time to start a re-read to make sure everything is fresh in your minds... lol.

Hello....so I been following you for about over a decade now. I know you said chapter 33 is off to the editor and when do you think they will be done with it. I can be patient and eager to find out what happened.... heck I would probably start again on chapter 1 even though I have read your story more than any other book in history and keep coming back to the same cliff hanger. 

On 1/22/2024 at 10:56 AM, Mr.Beast said:

It's been up since... December 24, 2021?

https://castleroland.net/libraries/the-kandric-saga/34/

5 hours ago, Mr.Beast said:

Sorry I meant chapter 34. It's been over a year I thought I read it was near completion.  Sorry for miss writing. 😞 

There is no indication that Chapter 34 is even in progress. Sorry to say, you can't assume that Kyle writes one chapter per year, or even every two years.

Has anyone ever asked Kyle what his writing process is?  Does he just get a muse for a particular story and sit down and write a couple pages and then put it away and then maybe 2 weeks later he has a thought about a different story and writes a couple pages of that?  Or does he decide "i feel like writing a chapter of Adventure Quest" and then just focuses on that until he finishes?  Just kinda curious does he have partially finished chapters of multiple stories sitting around and just whenever he happens to finish one it goes to the editors and gets released or is he more singularly focused on one story at a a time.

He appears to have a deeply-immersive, thematic writing style. In particular, Kyle needs time to acclimate himself into the Kandric Universe before starting to write something new. Not surprising, since at this point you basically need help to keep everyone and everything straight.

Unfortunately we have not heard anything about new chapter coming in Kandric, you probably have plenty of time to reread the whole thing even.

We did get a couple on adventure quest but adventure quests is mostly short chapters, likely the whole story so far together is shorter than most kandric chapters.  There was also a Brile that came out that I haven't read yet.  That is the extant I believe of what we got in the last year to be sure I would need to check the date of the last posted chapter of Grenadier.