The Kandric Universe

Darian

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Kyle's stories can now be found at Kyle Aarons]

Hail Authors, hail readers,

thank you for your wonderful story of Kandric and his friends (and even more enemies). it was exhausting to read but also incredible, enthralling, fascinating, bonding and whatever adjectives you can imagine.

first i found the kandric saga by kyle and was fascinated from the first chapter on, and as i had finished that after some few weeks reading whereever i could and spending hours to read, i was a bit sad that it ended but did not. then i looked around this site, found the forum and the other stories, which finally led me to the story of seandra written by roland. and it happend again, although totally new characters, and also a slight different style of writing, it caught me as well. this was even much faster read till the end of book one. and, again, where is book 2, 3, 4 ...?

kyle and roland, I need more!!!!!

can any of you both tell us fans when we can expect the continuation? we need it!!!! we are addicted to Kandrics Universe!!!

it wud be so sad if these wonderful stories stay unfinished and not knowing what happens to the 2 princes of Eagleonia, with the 2 princes of drow and highman, with the bad ass prince from the alphar (rovanall if i remember right). what happens to kandric? will he become a god finally which he imo already is? will he meet his teacher glaster again? will he learn to know his other 3 big and 2 (yet) minor brothers? will gambra be defeated finally? which dragon nation will win and who will get the throne?

questions questions questions. we need answers please!

kyle, roland, it may sound exaggerated, but i dare to put you both with this story in the same level like tolkin, stephen king and some few other authors, almost legends. only sad thing is, society wont accept the parts of boys being bed pleasure and the only slight graphic description of this here and there. otherwise it would be worth a movie even, like lord of the rings. i cant imagine how much work it was to invent and fix all the rules of the classes, skills, nations, fights and all things around. that it stays plausible and consistent and also as balanced as necessary for the good to win but not too easy. luckily nobody of the main characters had to die yet. if, it would be difficult and sad for us readers to let him/her go from our family.

yes, the chars are so familiar now to call them all a kind of family.

master, I knee before you both. thank you again for this wonderful parallel universe. and please, dont let us wait any longer for more.

Yours sincerely,

Darian Fey

Edited by Zach Caldwell
chlaracter name edited

While I'm not either of the authors, there is one thing I can address.

Kyle's depiction of slavery is in fact historical. Many things were done, which our modern senses consider evil or deviant. Yet this kind of thing (bedding the slaves) was very common. Slaves were property and the owner could do whatever they wanted to their own property.

We, as a society, forget these "little" details.

Darian, I'm glad you found our little corner of the interwebs, and I hope you enjoy many of the stories here.

The use of slaves for sex isn't just 'historical'. It still happens today. There is still a trade in human slaves for sex even in the USA.

Stories depicting these things needs to be seen by mainstream readers so they can be made aware of the current problem.

Stepping down from my soapbox now.

I am glad you found the stories and this site, Darian. I have read both stories and am waiting for more also. Continue to check out both the Castle and the Forum and you may find more stories to enjoy.

Jeikor

Welcome, Darian! I'm afraid you are going to have to wait some more.

The first chapter of Kandric Saga was crafted in the 1990s, and we've been having more or less around 18 months in between updates. The tale is currently up to Chapter 30, which dropped May last year. Hopefully Chapter 31 will come out in the next few months (fingers crossed!) though I seriously doubt the conclusion is anywhere close. I would say, perhaps Chapter 40 will be the last, but who knows?

Because I, too, am waiting for the next chapter to drop, here's the scenes I want to see:

1. Conth standing up to Vondum.
  2. Kandric meets up with Glaster (bet the shaman's eyes will bug out), and his reunion with Aster and Conner (and Bane, but that's not very likely).
  3. Vondum saying "hi" to Rovanell (let's face it, gramps is way out of Kandric's weight class)
  4. Kandric, Aster and Conner's reaction upon learning what Frexla did.

yeah, these are many open topics. so much still to write till we could say and when they did not die so they still live today (und wenn sie nicht gestorben sind, so leben sie noch heute).

that way all german fairytales end :)

and you are right, i also want to know what happends with vondum, conth, porma the bad guy (i feel a bit pity for him too although he is a real bad ass (was)). and, interesting would also be the meeting between vondum and pontarius. both are captains, of a boat and of a city, both are captains of something rapid. coincidence? thunder rapid - black rapids :D

kyle, roland, can you please tell us when your combined stories will continue eventually? can you tell us if you are at writing the next chapter(s) and how long you think you will need for it still?

is there any possibility to get informed when one of these stories gets a new chapter? can i subscribe somewhere for it? kyles part of the story a friend found somewhere i think on PZA, there it was posted till chapter 25. then i did a search on the net and found 5 more, here. so it seems the stories are spread around in the net which is i think very good, that as many people as possible read this wonderful novel.

so a last question for now: can someone recommend any similar fantasy magical story here? something magic, fantastic but also with some gay boy sex (underage is ok for me).

on nifty i like to read some of the stories on young friends or adult - youth. but, who wants to read another nice big story on nifty should look for Nexus at Science fiction section. its a story in 3 books each around 18 chapters about a multiversum connected below surface. its also with some sex, wit slavery, with struggles with authorities but also many nice adventures. simply read it, you will love it.

Darian Fey

Funny you should say that. Pontarius is Vondum's younger brother, the same one he threw away for magic items. He is heck of a lot older because Vondum is in the habit of drinking youth potions. This is not a spoiler, although it's something that's somewhat buried in a huge pile of text. ;)

I enjoyed David Clarke's writing, especially his Nexus trilogy and Excelsior. Alternate universes are always fun.

On a less sci-fi vein, I also enjoyed J. O. Dickinson's Travels with Nicolai Ribeiro. I hope he has plans to continue it.

this i found out suddenly while reading the story and listening to the boat captain what he told conner. there it dawned to me that he and vondum must be the brothers vondum "talked" about to conth in his mind and memory.

i know its never told anywhere yet but it is visible behind the lines.

the other stories of kyle, are they also fantasy and magic? and with cute boys included? i must admit i prefer stories with some youngers included, old man stories arent so enthralling for me :) maybe cuz i am too old myself and wishing to be still young.

just read another topic in this forum about kyle. there he gave a mysterious hint with no solution.

Here is something for readers to think about: what Pontarious uses in chapter 29 was hinted at being available over 20 chapters prior. it was a single line, spoke by Kandric, but those who do not know history well enough my never find it.

could it be he means this revealing of the both captains brotherhood? i have not enough time to reread all the story again, it takes too much time to go through it because i am not native english reader. i can read it quite fluently but not as natives could.

has anyone a clue what kyle means there?

For the most part, all of his stories involve fantasy and boys. Many of them involve sci-fi (Brile, O'Connor's Grenadiers, Adventure Quest). Geek Squad is alternate history, Day of N is apocalyptic adventure, and Defenders, the only complete series, is Superheroes.

Regarding the gun Pontarius used, I still have no idea whether this was foreshadowed. But then again I don't notice subtle things; you gotta hit me on the head with a clue bat to make me really notice for sure.

You know, the boom stick which he aimed at his childhood friend who's now a Dark Mystic, and then a hole appeared in the guy's head. That's a gun. It's the item which I think Kyle meant when he said it was foreshadowed many chapters ago.

Here's a quote.

Pontarious pulled out a strangely shaped stick with a metal tube on top and a curved handle from behind his back. “And while you became a master of making people scream I learned the ways of a true Mystic.”

“We can’t use wands!”

“No, but had you focused on true mysticism, instead of the Dark Arts, you would know we can learn to make and use a substance called blast powder.” With those words, Pontarious pulled the small metal tab in front of the curved part of the stick. With a deafening boom, and a large amount of smoke, the front of the strange stick seemed to explode. A moment later a huge hole appeared in Tregasel’s forehead while brains, blood and chunks of the man’s skull blasted out from behind his head.

Pontarious shoved the still lightly smoking stick back into his belt, moved up to the dead body and spat on it. He then knelt and removed the very nice and magical orange Mystic cloak. “I always liked the color orange.” Pontarious smirked as he started removing his potions out of his ruined cloak and putting them in empty pouches in the much nicer and heavily magical cloak he had just removed from the dead Dark Mystic.

btw, what i just saw, here on castleroland story dept. the kandric saga of kyle aarons is posted only to chapter 12. why that? on gayauthors there are full 30 chapters posted, but not here?

think someone shud keep up with kyles work and post it here too because roland posted his side story of the sand dragon prince - sands of time here and not on gayauthors afaik.

wud be pity if people miss some of the chapters of kyles big story only cuz they are posted somewhere else but here.

Darian Fey.

Darian, eventually they will be posted here. Kyle prefers to re=edit the Kandric chapters before he sends in to be posted here. If you look at the number of stories Kyle has going you can see why he has only made it to chapter 12. Kyle puts a lot of thought, time and effort into his stories so usually only writes on one at a time.

Most of us who really like Kandric read them on another site then again here when a new gets posted.

Jeikor

well, the problem with perfection is there is no perfection. our time on earth is limited so i hope the kandric saga will be finished before the gods call kyle to their table.

i think the chapters are nearly perfect, sometimes here and there an orthographic error, but the story itself is wonderful.

yeah, its fully ok as it is. only didnt expect it that way on a gay authors site with having read the first big story being here and there rather very erotic. not much i must admit too, but where kandric was, there it really was.

but i am fully with kyle and enjoy his story with or without erotic, no matter which way.

well, i am used to it from similar hosters. nifty, pza ... . there is erotic in all of the stories (well, all i just read) so i assumed it for here too.

but, if not, doesnt matter. the story itself matters.

and that was very extraordinary well! i sucked in kandric, i loved to read sands of time. and i literally sucked in defenders too. read till past 4am tonite to finish reading.

pity defenders is marked as closed, there would surely be many ideas still open. the epilogue has the opening for another whole book, the fight there in front of the school. and the senator seems not to be expelled yet but still working in the background, and even being a big player at the augments and not easy to defeat, maybe even more difficult than the bronze age. and that was tough. so maybe, if kyle reads this, the story finds a continuation in a 2nd book. :)

(beside the main task kandric of course, where also roland must write on his 2nd book of sands of time!) :D

thx!

Darian

To be honest, even in well-written stories like the Nexus trilogy, I tend to skim the sex parts really quickly. Because, let's be honest. Sure, the thruster and the thrustee and the circumstances may differ, but there are only so many ways you can describe the mechanical function of thrusting a pole of meat into a meaty receptacle. :P

well, for me its a bit spice in the story when i have some erotic between the characters. but it isnt needed.

in the nexus story i enjoyed the slight erotic but didnt really miss the explicit sex scenes with fucking and things. there were some but not really detailed described.

there are other stories where this happens much more, and they tend to become boring in the time, cuz as u said, its always the same. there are not so many different and new methods for sex being described :)