Fearless

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Cynus's stories can now be found at Cynus]

Cynus

Fearless

Chapter 1

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

This story continues to be a delight to read. Who wouldn't want to have Clint as a friend? The way he handles the fat, bully girl is priceless.

Surprise! (maybe a little) Donovan turns out to be gay (but closeted)  and interested in Clint. Can't wait to see what else develops.

Now! With this chapter it seems like a story by Cynus. Things have gone totally topsy-turvy. Travis probably can't be friends because his dad saw the email and that's how he got the bruise. Donny seemed all gentlemanly by paying then refused to listen when Clint said no. Brent (which I correctly guessed was Angie's date) made Angie pay half but did come back to drive them home.

BTW- I think Clint over-reacted a bit once Donny tried to apologize but then I think people should be given a second chance.

Can't wait to see how all this shakes out. Good job!

I was able to predict part of it correctly. Clint did go to see Donny. Yeah!!!  Travis came back! Travis was threatened to not be friends but I had forgotten all about Sheila being his neighbor so there was still a surprise.

Can't wait to see how the meeting with Donny goes (if he can have visitors). And just who did start the rumors? I agree with Clint that wouldn't be Brent's style.

On 9/1/2016 at 5:10 PM, Azorf said:

Sad its come to an end, or has it? ;) Hopefully something will follow on. I love the way Clint has tried to come out as flamboyantly as possible a number of times and events have turned them from big bangs into fizzles, nice twist(s).

Thanks! And there is something I'm working on right now as a sequel. Don't worry, there's more, and there will continue to be more. At least, that's the plan.

This actually started as a short story idea but became a lot more involved. The initial chapter was all I originally had planned, but Clint had other ideas . . .

On 9/2/2016 at 4:36 AM, Al Norris said:

Cynus is one of those authors that I never know what he has up his sleeve next.

Hopefully I can keep it that way. Now, please, look over there so I can get the elephant out of the room without you noticing.

21 hours ago, Jeikor said:

Too bad there apparently isn't anymore of this story up his sleeve. I wasn't ready for it to end. We were just getting to know Clint and his growing set of friends. And what about Brent and Donny?

Well, not this story, but there is a sequel, and it will hopefully begin posting soon. :) I won't tell you who it follows, though, only that it doesn't follow Clint, and instead follows one of the supporting cast. 

What elephant? I don't remember seeing an elephant!

Cynus, I hope it follows either Donny or Brent (okay, I know that is basically the same story unless it goes back in time). Although, I think the most compelling and mysterious story may be what caused Sheila to be how she is.

We will see when it comes out, I guess.