The Prince of House Vladd

Castle Herald

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Billy Martin mentioning your character Peter during a discussion of what vampires can and cannot do, you have a new fan who will be impatiently waiting for each new update.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all 15 chapters in about two days.

I also write a story with vampire characters but all my vamps can go out during the day. They just have to be careful that no one notices just how pale they are.

Keep up the good writing!

Jeikor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have finished the first story and almost at the end of the second. I get the feeling that you may have been influenced by the movie Blade? Sure uses some ideas from it?
Not that I am complaining or intimating anything but, it is VERY similar. I do like the story and you sure have a knack for keeping people interested.

I find your style very much like one of my favourite Authors, Isaac Asimov, he always made his ideas sound so real. Thank you so much for making this story available. :)

• 11 months later...

Arthur, thank you for this story.  It was very well written and interesting.  I see there are two more stories involving Prince Vladd.  I'm thinking the first one will begin with the consequences Vladd faces from the Council for violating the old taboo.  Somehow I'm guessing that those consequences will be relatively minor.

Since you never mentioned what the five states were that made up Vladd's territory, I'm going to guess.  Basically I know that a jet can reach Washington DC from there in about 90 minutes, and that ground travel between the five states does not seem to involve more than a few hours at most. Also, the states seem to be contiguous.  So my guess is the Northeast -- Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.  I wanted to include Connecticut, but that would have been a sixth. (I suppose I could have cheated and treated Maine and Massachusetts as the one state they originally were -- Vampire maps being very old and all -- but getting Conn. in is not that important. ? )   Assuming Vladd's mansion was centrally located in Mass., then Seaton's mountain bunker "three states away" might have been in West Virginia.

I have one extremely minor nit that seems to affect a number of authors sharing their work without editors (and some even with editors. ? ).  In chapters 16 and 20 you wrote "loose" (not tight) when you meant "lose" (not win).  Searching the site, I can tell you are aware of the difference; these two instances probably slipped by while you were lost in the telling of your great story.

image.png.d88dc776d71b7c26f0587cf2ffb35c87.png

(Also did search with "loose". Bing seems to handle the "site:" parameter better than Google.)