From the Cup of the Worthless

Castle Herald

Cynus , you've done it again .

Made me like these guys .

Dante seems able to help Nobu , but he's got reasons .

Victor needs to get a sac and make Nobu his mate .

Arggg !! I can wait !

boozel11

I can't wait to see what you think of the next few chapters, Dael. You're going to like some of the things coming up, I think. :)

Still reading  likening the twists and turns 

Excellent! I think you're going to enjoy the next few chapters a lot. I don't know if there's any part of the story more twisting and turning than chapters 9-11. 

I did not see this twist coming the older bro really very good twist 

I was right !

Vladi has a boyfriend !

I figured he had something that made him so belligerent .

Wonder the reason he said all those things about being gay too .

Was it to keep his bro from knowing his secret ?

Oh I'm loving this twisted plot !

boozel11

OMG ! Valdi's getting sexed up by his teach !

And he's helping his bro who doesn't know it .

I'm watching Alexi and Katsumi .

What do they have in mind for Nobu ?

boozel11

If you thought this one was crazy, wait until you get through the next chapter. Many surprises in store. :)

Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Man , Alexi's really got his butt in a sling !

And Nobu's got a rifle aimed at Victor .

Wonder what that means ?

Hope he's doing something to help Victor get away .

boozel11

I'm sorry, Dael. I had this in my itinerary to respond, but somehow I forgot about it in the shuffle.

You know now that things have a way of working out. Chapter 11 is really one of my favorites in the story. I loved writing Dante and Nobu working together to solve the problem, and both were really solidified for me when I wrote this chapter. Viktor still took a few chapters for me to really understand him the rest of the way, but for Nobu and Dante, it was here.

Have been under the weather just got the last 3 chapters read all I can is WOW and Damm Good Read 

thanks

Thanks! :) This is one of my favorite sections. I also really like chapters 15-17, and chapters 21-23.  I hope you'll still like it when we get there. :D

Been meaning to post since I started reading it; just now getting around to it. I was like Niteowl in his first post; the title didn't interest me. But I needed something to read and there were no new posts of other stories I was following so . . . I thought to myself, 'You really enjoyed Navigator. It won't hurt to give it a try.' So that's what I did.

HOOKED!!!

Very good story especially the characters.

Jeikor

What , what , what ???

Victors giving up on Nobu ???

"Yeah, I mean, Nobuyuki and Dante are together now, and they're really close. They're like brothers to me, now."

"Seriously?" Vladimir whispered in surprise. "Those two? I would have never guessed. So they're not just forming an alliance, they're actually lovers, huh?"

"Yeah," Viktor said quietly. "It's . . . I'm getting used to it. I know what I said before, Vladi, but maybe it isn't a sin. Do you really think it is?"itors giving up on Nobu

Cynus , Waaa , their  friends !

Everything is possible now !

Wonder what Valdi will say ?

Waiting !!!!!! 

boozel11

"The humility of the worthless .

Now you know some of what Vladi will say. What do you think of it now? :)

Oh boy... The thick plotins!

I'm really enjoying how Cynus is slowly bringing the whole mess to a roiling boil.

When I was a younger man, I played a game called "Magic The Gathering" with my friends. It's a trading card game, where the focus is on building a deck of cards and using their properties to defeat your opponents' decks. I had a reputation of building decks which slowly gained momentum, casually defending myself until I reached a point where I was unstoppable. It worked sometimes and sometimes didn't, but the strategy was usually similar. To defeat me, it was best to do it quickly, or the momentum would overrun you.

I converted some of my deck building strategies into how I write. I aim for my plots to build momentum, slowly dragging you along at first until suddenly there's interconnecting plots everywhere and pulling you in many different directions, but hopefully not more than you can handle. I don't know how often I've succeeded at that, but it is the goal. I feel like this story worked like that better than any others I've ever written, and I hope my readers feel the same way. I suppose only time will tell. 

Been meaning to post since I started reading it; just now getting around to it. I was like Niteowl in his first post; the title didn't interest me. But I needed something to read and there were no new posts of other stories I was following so . . . I thought to myself, 'You really enjoyed Navigator. It won't hurt to give it a try.' So that's what I did.

HOOKED!!!

Very good story especially the characters.

Jeikor

I'm glad you're enjoying the story. These are probably the characters I've attached myself to the most of any story I've ever completed. (The one I'm working on right now is a different matter). They were really fun to write, and I found it easy to get behind them as their author. It really makes me happy to hear that you like them.

So, this certainly isn't the first time I've heard this about the title, and I'm going to genuinely ask this question: what is it about the title that made you skeptical of the story? I've heard it from a number of people, and it honestly threw me off, especially since none of my editors or beta readers mentioned having an issue with the title. Where there's a few who speak up, I
'm sure there's many more who I'll never hear from. 

Now, I really thought this title would grab attention, and I honestly don't know why people don't like it. I would like to know, so I can avoid making similar mistakes in the future. I want my work to be read, so I don't want to turn people away because of the title. 

What , what , what ???

Victors giving up on Nobu ???

"Yeah, I mean, Nobuyuki and Dante are together now, and they're really close. They're like brothers to me, now."

"Seriously?" Vladimir whispered in surprise. "Those two? I would have never guessed. So they're not just forming an alliance, they're actually lovers, huh?"

"Yeah," Viktor said quietly. "It's . . . I'm getting used to it. I know what I said before, Vladi, but maybe it isn't a sin. Do you really think it is?"itors giving up on Nobu

The doubts of a teenager. There's always questions like this when you're speaking of matters of the heart. There is always uncertainty, and thinking things are hopeless. It's a major part of love, I think.

Cynus, my problem with the title is probably starting to read too many stories on Nifty where the main character is always down on himself. It's a turnoff in a story. The title made think of those stories. After reading the sake ceremony between Nobu and Dante I understand the title and it seems it will be quite fitting.

Jeikor

Cynus, my problem with the title is probably starting to read too many stories on Nifty where the main character is always down on himself. It's a turnoff in a story. The title made think of those stories. After reading the sake ceremony between Nobu and Dante I understand the title and it seems it will be quite fitting.

Jeikor

Thanks. That was the perspective I was missing. :)