From the Cup of the Worthless

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Cynus's stories can now be found at Cynus]

Cynus

From the Cup of the Worthless

Chapter 1

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Thanks Cynus, for bringing this story to the Castle.

Being the guy that formats all the stories for publication on the Castle, I have the ability to read far in advance of what is being posted. This makes it hard, most times, to say what I want to say, without giving away the story.

I had thought that "Return With Honor" to be one of the best written stories I've read from Cynus. I was wrong.

"From the Cup of the Worthless" is by far the best I've read to date. If you aren't reading this story, as it develops, you will be missing not only a great story-arc, but also great writing.

I agree Al, it is by far his best and I had the honor of being an editor on the story so like you, have read it and can't say anymore, except I urge people to read it. Intriguing story environment, great characters and plot, it's got it all. 

Thanks Cynus, for bringing this story to the Castle.

Being the guy that formats all the stories for publication on the Castle, I have the ability to read far in advance of what is being posted. This makes it hard, most times, to say what I want to say, without giving away the story.

I had thought that "Return With Honor" to be one of the best written stories I've read from Cynus. I was wrong.

"From the Cup of the Worthless" is by far the best I've read to date. If you aren't reading this story, as it develops, you will be missing not only a great story-arc, but also great writing.

Thank you, Al. I'm touched by your words. I hope you'll enjoy the ending as well, once you've received it. :) 

I agree Al, it is by far his best and I had the honor of being an editor on the story so like you, have read it and can't say anymore, except I urge people to read it. Intriguing story environment, great characters and plot, it's got it all. 

Thank you, as always, Mark, for your support. :)

I was going to pass on this story the title did not call to me but the Synopsis did. I got into by the time I read the first paragraph good read thanks

I'm glad you gave it a shot! Thanks for reading. The title is a reference to a ritual in Yakuza culture, and though it is a bit obscure, I was hoping its obscurity would be intriguing. I'm thankful that at least the synopsis was, haha! I appreciate your comments. :)

Hey guy ! Glad to see you're writing again .

I'm getting into these characters .

Wanting to see how they manipulate their reality .

Like Nite Owl , can't wait for 3 !

Thanks Dael,

I can only hope you'll continue to enjoy it as much as you liked the last one. :) This story took a lot out of me while I was writing it. 

Over the years reading I try not to change the authors thoughts. I have seen many a good story ended before its time if I read and catch something like hair color change or a cat become a dog I will pass this to the you. Again a good read

LOL , I'm the same . 

I prefer reading the writers mind set .

He's the reason I read anyway .

You guys are both sweet. :) 

However, this story is already completed, and I promise I'm not going to change anything or stop posting it. I always try to wait until a story is complete before I start posting it, simply because I know how awful it is to wait for something that never gets finished. Hell, the author of my favorite story online has been stuck on chapter 3 of his latest story for two years now!

What I'm saying is, nothing you say now will impact this story, because it's already finished and will post once a week until it's all available to be read. So, feel free to speak your mind with me. :)