MM's Broken Bard and Bent and Twisted

Emperor Roland

Hello Multi,

Boy is this story getting better by every new chapter ! I was a little shocked with the FBI agent throwing out a little mojo too ...LoL

.  Thanks as always for sharing your stories with us,

Johnny C .           

Hello Multi,

Boy is this story getting better by every new chapter ! I was a little shocked with the FBI agent throwing out a little mojo too ...LoL

.  Thanks as always for sharing your stories with us,

Johnny C .         

Ps: Chapter 16 was very good too ! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Multi,

The Hands on Training that the Students are getting is really putting their learned knowledge to the test , Throw in a Few FBI Agents and some Druids too to this crazy mix that I cannot get enough of ! . Thank you again for sharing all your stories with us ,

.      Cheers,

.              John Celestre 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 6:19 PM, MultiMapper said:

1 + 1 + 1 = 4

Shadeside + Brynnhollow + Parvenu = "Myself... In Shattered Reflection"

I'm thinking of it as a 'sideways' story.

Rather than starting at the beginning and progressing forward, it's starting in the middle of established stories and working its way sideways, from one story to the next.

Of course, if you're into linear storytelling, I have the 'MISR' story posted on both my websites in chronological order (from the main character's POV).

Otherwise, this is just Parvenu, Book 4, an opportunity to catch up on the goings on of Paul and G.

MM

MM calls it "sideways", but I've been thinking of it as "2-dimensional".  Before he started work on any  element of Myself... in Shattered Reflection, I had read all the components, but didn't realize they would eventually be brought together into the same world.  As MISR grew, I reread the preceding story parts, and everything has fit together seamlessly.  For those not following it, MM has been faithfully adding a new chapter every week since somewhere near the beginning of 2018.  He missed a week or two when he moved (which I think he mentioned in the end notes to a chapter before the move), but otherwise his output has been like clockwork.  I liken the reading experience to what the first readers of stories like Great Expectations and a Tale of Two Cities felt when the next chapter appeared in the weeklies (?) of that era. Of course, MM has the advantage of using a word processor instead of hand-writing it all.  (Well, Dickens did have the advantage of getting paid.  ? )

Anyway, it's still ongoing, so if you're in for a great weekly experience, catch up and get on board!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, MultiMapper said:

We're up to Parvenu 4.3, Chapter 41 at the BrokenBard site.

And the story is approaching a crescendo after many chapters of captivating build-up.  Demons and angelic beings working together (sort of), faeries and bigfoot striving along with them for success of the project, witches planning and guiding and casting the magic, a 3-D intelligent shadaw making out with a human in the corner, and the FBI monitoring the doors.

Nope, this ain't fun and strange at all. 😎