CLERK JAILED BY JUDGE BUNNING

Billy Martin

Apparently, Kim Davis and Mike Huckabee held an impromptu celebratory rally when she was released from jail.  Someone thought it would be a good idea to play the song "Eye of the Tiger" during the rally.  EMI, the copyright holder to that song, took exception to that, considering it a theft of intellectual property.  They plan to sue both Huckabee and Davis.  According to an EMI attorney, they don't want their property associated with someone like Kim Davis, or Mike Huckabee, for that matter.  Talk about karma.

http://nationalreport.net/emi-sue-kim-davis-mike-huckabee-unauthorized-public-performance-song-eye-tiger/

I am both a non-practicing christian and a voting conservative.  Many of you have heard my views before, but it's worth mentioning here again. I have always been for legal unions for LBGT partners with the same rights as legally married "straight" partners.  Maybe it's all in the name for me, I'm not sure.  BUT, it is now the law of the land, by a 5-4 margin, for now.  And if we begin to allow elected officials to decide which laws they comply with, I fear where we would end up.  That also applies to the current and future President.  I'm not sure Kim Davis should have been jailed, but that's not my call.  Not that I'm a fan of this Judge, but he is right when an oath has to mean something.  I should point out that Davis is a democrat, but in fairness, most people in eastern KY vote democratically locally and in State-wide elections and republican in National elections. The State of Kentucky has never been for gay marriage and may not be for another generation. Only time will tell how all this will play out.

This came to my attention just a few minutes ago and I thought I would share it here, given some of the comments that have been made about this issue. It is about an open letter from a Florida Baptist Pastor.  http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/09/12/baptist-pastor-crushes-kim-davis-and-hypocrisy-of-his-fellow-evangelicals-in-open-letter/